Thursday, February 14, 2008

Gamers With Jobs is a fantastic site and they put out a wonderful podcast every week. They’ve discussed Rock Band on and off quite a bit since it came out, and upon listening to the podcast this morning, even the slightest mention of Rush’s Tom Sawyer was able to firmly lodge the song in my head, quite possibly for the rest of the day. Thanks guys, it’s very appreciated.

Speaking of which, my Rock Band Stratocaster has been acting up a bit lately and I’m considering opening it up again. The last time I did so, it resumed its flawless operation as soon as I plugged it back in and only started missing some strums lately. It’s a straightforward enough fix consisting of slightly adjusting some micro-switches, so it’s not a big thing. The most time consuming part of the process is screwing and unscrewing the back of the guitar and that’s the only thing that has been holding me back from doing the small operation, since it’s a little more difficult to do when you’re alone with a 4 year old at night!

And on that thought, David 4.9 and I played some Lego Stars Wars last night, and he’s still very intrigued by the concept of Lego character suicide. Essentially, once he takes the controller from my hands, he then proceeds to either walk the little on screen Lego character off a cliff, chasm, drop or precipice, sending the little creature screaming to its death. Of course, the shout the character lets out when it realizes it’s about to meet its Lego maker varies depending on the character you’re using. So half of David 4.9’s fun is cycling to the next character and then chucking him off a cliff; rinse, lather, repeat. And don’t forget this little tidbit of information: he’s laughing his head off the whole time... Especially when he introduces Jar Jar to the law of gravity. Then again, with that particular character, I can’t help but feel a wee bit of satisfaction every time I hear him yelp.

No comments: