Monday, February 11, 2008

What am I going to do with this?

Twitter has been kind to me, since it got me in the habit of sending small updates as to what I'm doing to any interested parties. Now, having recently switched jobs, I realized that I wanted to keep in touch with my old co-workers. Sending email updates is fine and dandy, but I had had this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I might be missing someone with those little reports, and ideally I didn't want to alienate anyone. So one of those very co-workers I wanted to keep in touch with had an idea: why didn't I start a blog?

Honestly, I wasn't all that sure about that, since I don't really think I'm that fascinating a character. I remain unconvinced that the world in general wants (or needs) to know what I ate for lunch or what I thought about the latest episode of American Gladiators. There's an astronomical amount of blogs out there that touch on virtually every subject, so what could I possibly bring to the table?

I don't have an answer for that. See, if you're looking for the premiere crocheting blog, well I'm sorry to say you haven't found it. What you have found is a place where I can articulate my thoughts, musings and ideas. And also possibly share what I had for lunch, of course. You could say that this place might serve as a place to do a brain dump, where I might try to make sense of the stuff swirling in my heads sometimes, since I tend to find the action of putting down my thoughts into words somewhat cathartic. So, croctheting = out. My thoughts on the latest Rock Band DLC = probably in.

So welcome. And if you do find any killer crocheting blogs, please feel free to forward them along.

No comments: