Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Scorcho Type Love?

New Rock Band songs on the download horizon today: ‘Sex Type Thing’ by Stone Temple Pilots, ‘El Scorcho’ by Weezer and ‘Why Do You Love Me’ by Garbage. The Garbage tune is a shoe in for me and I’ll definitely download that one tonight, but I wasn’t familiar with the two other songs. Actually, scratch that: I didn’t think I knew ‘Sex Type Thing’, but upon checking the video out on You Tube, I definitely have a passing familiarity with it even though I couldn’t place the title. ‘El Scorcho’ is new to me though and I’m not that sure if I like it, so that one falls in the ‘pass’ category for me.

The new job is going well: I’m starting to see a lot more of the ‘behind the scenes’ stuff and gather a better understanding as to how the department functions. Plus, I’m voluntarily taking on more stuff, so the day just flies right by at this point since I’m keeping myself much more occupied. The fact that the workday is from eight to four definitely helps as well though: I was used to being at my former workplace for eight and a half hours a day and the fact that I’m here half an hour less a day makes one heck of a difference. Initially, I didn’t think it would be to big of a deal, but it really does change the flow to the whole day. I like it. Tomorrow is payday, so I’ll also get to see what kind of cash influx I can expect in the future.

Recently, my wife has started watching ‘Project Runway’, and we’re presently making our way through Season 2. I have next to no knowledge in regards to the fashion industry, but watching this show is quite entertaining. I typically don’t enjoy reality shows such as Survivor, Big Brother and the like, but I enjoy ‘Project Runway’ because the amount of backstabbing, whining and bitching is kept at a minimum and the focus is on creative people being creative. That’s always been something that fascinates me, be it in regards to writers, movie directors, musicians, painters, game designers, what have you: I find something magical about the creative process these people go through. Watching these designers come up with a concept and then execute it to the best of their ability intrigues me, and I think that’s what keeps me entertained with this show.

No comments: